Thursday, February 12, 2009

Eternal Security Pt. 13: All That He Gives Me

In John 6:35-40 Jesus said to the Jewish leaders:

"I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst. "But I said to you that you have seen Me, and yet do not believe. "All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out. "For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. "This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day. "For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day."

Jesus says that he will "certainly not cast out" those who come to Him. Everyone that the Father gives to Him, He will lose nothing. This is consistent with what Paul wrote in Romans 8:35-39.

Stay Tuned…

No comments:

Post a Comment